This full-time, salaried, exempt position and will report directly to the Director of Education. This position offers a salary of $36,500 and a benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, optional vision insurance, paid vacation, holiday and sick leave, as well as comp tickets to all mainstage shows. A background check and proof of COVID-19 vaccination are required. This position will work a schedule of Tuesday through Saturday during the school year, and Monday-Friday during the summer. This position works Saturdays and occasionally works evenings and Sundays (Educator Events/Education Productions). If applicable, additional teaching contracts outside this position may be available when they do not conflict with previously assigned duties.
4 Year Degree
Nashville Children's Theatre (NCT) seeks a motivated, personable and detail-oriented Drama School Coordinator to support the planning, preparation, and implementation of NCT’s portfolio of education programs. This position will strengthen existing and build new relationships with our families and students, improve organization and efficiency of administrative tasks, and support NCT’s mission.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicating with parents, guardians and educators about NCT’s education programs in person, by phone, and through email
• Providing administrative and logistical support for Saturday classes (Saturday morning/afternoons), Break Camps (Fall, Spring, and Summer), Education Productions (Fall/Spring Company shows, Summer Productions), and Opening Night Educator Events (Opening Thursday night for each mainstage show) as assigned
• Working with education staff to develop, create, and curate the series of Lobby Activities to support main stage productions
• Communicating with individual young people to support their success in the classroom
• Coordinating auditions for Education productions, in advance and day of
• Scheduling production meetings for Education productions in the Fall, Spring, and Summer
• Coordinating Summer Internship applications, materials, and scheduling interviews
• Processing program registrations, payments, and confirmations for NCT camps and classes, including Family Access Membership registrations (scholarships) • Creating marketing emails utilizing email programs such as MyEMMA and Canva
• Creating digital and printed marketing materials for the Drama School (social media, bookmarks, flyers, etc)
• Updating website and registration system with current and upcoming Drama School class/camp offerings
• Following established protocol for remitting and reporting on Education income, including weekly remits for Drama School revenue
• Facilitating post-show Q&As
• Maintaining Education supplies and communicating with Education Director about supply needs
• Completing other duties as assigned
For more information and how to apply, see our PDF posting!
• Bachelor’s Degree (or experience equivalence) plus experience in customer service, theatre education, or educational settings
• Experience working, communicating with, and problem solving with young people. Trauma-informed training is a plus
• Ability to work independently and carry projects through to successful completion, coupled with strong collaborative skills and a history of success in a team-driven environment
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• A commitment to a growth around DEIJ practices and protocols
• High-level customer service skills, including a friendly, approachable, and prompt approach to patron communications
• Knowledge and ability to utilize office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel), and the Google Suite. Familiarity with registration/database systems a plus.
Believing the culturally curious child is the future, Nashville Children’s Theatre nurtures the next generation of global citizens by providing transformational theatrical experiences which reflect our evolving community, instill profound empathy, and foster personal discovery.