Description: The Assistant Conductor shall receive a per-service compensation at Principal Scale, as well as mentorship and tutelage from the Music Director. Candidates must be eligible for employment in the USA.
Reports To: Music Director on Artistic Matters and the Executive Director on Administrative Matters
- Be present and fully prepared to conduct rehearsals & concerts, in case of Music Director or Guest Conductor absence
- Conduct off-stage music as required
- Conduct in family concerts or educational settings
- Assist with artistic matters such as balance and ensemble during rehearsals
- Assist with multimedia performance, recording, video streaming, subtitles, etc.
- Assist in programming (including Pops) if necessary
- Be present and involved in YSO fundraisers and social events
Repertoire and Audition: By Invite ONLY on November 12th, 2022
- Tchaikovsky – Serenade for Strings (First Movement – 1st Half
- Tchaikovsky – Serenade for Strings (Second Movement – ALL)
- Tchaikovsky – Serenade for Strings (Fourth Movement – 1st Half)
- Each candidate is to prepare a 5-minute verbal presentation about Tchaikovsky’s Serenade for Strings suitable for 3rd – 5th graders