The Willcox Music Program is seeking band, choir, and orchestra teachers for 2 full time positions and one part time music position. The music teachers selected for these
positions will have the flexibility to build a program around their talents and strengths. We are looking for energetic and innovative educators with a passion for music and teaching. Our music program serves students in grades 5-12 in the beautiful high desert country of Willcox, AZ. In the past, we have had band, choir, guitar, music technology, and orchestra classes as some of our music offerings for our students to choose from. The primary focus of these positions is to guide students as they grow and learn in their enjoyment, appreciation, performance, and understanding of both music and themselves. This is an opportunity to ensure that your love for music and teaching make a difference in the lives of young people and their future.
The Willcox Music Program is well-supported by the students, parents, administration, and community. We enjoy a four-day school week and with no travel required! Our orchestra and band students have also played in several events around the community including parades, concerts, sporting events, graduations, and playing for the schools in the community to help spread the love of music. If you are looking for your next career adventure, give our wonderful town full of western heritage a try!
For more information about Willcox, please visit the following link:
Please contact Shannon Martinez at (520) 384-8605 for more information. Thanks
WILLCOX UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
480 NORTH BISBEE AVENUE
WILLCOX, AZ 85643
TITLE: Music Director/Teacher, Grades 5-12
- Employment as classroom teacher with proper certification required in accordance with the Arizona State Teacher Certification Board.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Governing Board may find appropriate, acceptable, and reasonable with all parties concerned.
REPORT TO: High School and Middle School Principals
JOB GOAL: To help each participating student achieve the highest possible level of skill, acquire an appreciation for the values of musicianship; and to acquire an increased level of self-esteem.
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Instructs individual participants in the skills necessary for positive achievement in each musical seasonal activity.
- Plans and schedules a regular program practice and rehearsal in preparation for seasonal activities at the high school level, and such programs, contests, and concerts at both high school and middle school levels.
- Coordinates information and gives input to the two principals per #2 above.
- Recommends requisition and purchase of musical equipment, supplies, uniforms, and attire as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for inventory of district owned musical instruments, music, supplies, and instrumental repair tools.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, and other required paperwork regarding requisitions/purchases.
- Oversees and supervises safety conditions of the area and of the facility in which classes are conducted.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition at both high school and middle school levels.
- Enforce discipline and appropriate student behavior at all times, on or off campus. Establish penalties for breaches of such standards by students in accordance with district policies.
- Maintains a level of personal conduct which will serve as a role model for the students. Maintains membership in national/state music associations namely, MENC, AMEA, ABOD. Membership to be paid yearly by the school district.
- Adheres to the rules and regulations of the Arizona Interscholastic Association.
- Such other functions as may be reasonably assigned.
- Have at least one major performance for the public each semester, performed in the High School auditorium.
- Requires hearing and vision (corrected) in normal range necessary to perform required tasks.
- Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board's policy on evaluation of support staff (GCN).