The Brandeis School of San Francisco is looking for an energetic, creative individual who has an enthusiasm for working with middle school students and a commitment to the continued growth of a dynamic theater program. The successful candidate is familiar with student centered approaches to teaching, possessing knowledge of child and/or youth development, is well versed in theater instruction and production, and works well in highly collaborative environments.
The candidate will teach theater arts courses in Middle School, and will direct the annual musical production, in addition to smaller scale productions including a Purim Spiel, and Middle School Showcase. This position will start in early August 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide effective classroom instruction, using methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter, which may include, but is not limited to: acting, voice, movement, improvisation, devised theater, basic filmmaking/ basic playwriting
• Develop student- centered drama curriculum around student needs and interests
• Produce and direct the annual school musical, collaborating with Choral Musical Director and Technical Director including coordinating parent volunteers
- Occasional instruction afterschool and/or weekends is needed due to theatre production requirements
• Direct, facilitate, and coordinate the creation of a student driven annual spring showcase.
• Advise, assist and evaluate student performance and learning outcomes.
• Create a safe environment that engages students in their creative potential
• Theatre or performing arts background
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years classroom teaching experience
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse members of the school community
• Demonstrate appropriate love and affection for children, have a ready smile and encouraging words
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all constituents in a school environment
• Regularly sit, talk, move equipment, hear, interact visually and through movement with students
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
• Regularly use close and distance vision
• Work at a desk and computer screen
• Turn, bend, reach and occasionally use a ladder
• Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment and outside in typical Western (foggy) San Francisco weather
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education and position requirements. Medical, dental, Life and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.sfbrandeis.org. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for applying:
To apply: send resume and cover letter, including details of your experience relevant to teaching theatre to email@example.com. We respectfully ask that you do not contact the school directly.
About The Brandeis School of San Francisco
The Brandeis School of San Francisco inspires students to lead lives of learning and purpose. We provide a challenging academic environment and a welcoming, inclusive community, each deeply enriched by Jewish thought, values, and traditions.
BACK TO TOP
EdTA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else EdTA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at EdTA Career Center.