Responsible for the organization, supervision, and management of facilities and equipment in order to service Office of Special Projects programs, activities, and events properly, safely, and with fidelity to the ZCS core mission. Oversees overall managerial and technical responsibilities of the Performing Arts Center and coordinates all functions or the Performing Arts Center and ZCS Corporation Rental Events as guided by the Director of the Office of Special Projects.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a typical school setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There are no environmental hazards indicated for this position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Direct repair/maintenance invoices that need to be paid on to the business office.
2. Communicate with vendors and service providers for equipment repair, replacement, and purchasing.
3. Oversee the facilitation of all ZCS Rental Events.
4. Manage and update the PAC website and Facebook page.
1. Oversee the daily operations of the Zionsville Performing Arts Center.
2. Ensure the security of PAC facilities and equipment by maintaining a daily presence.
3. Work with the Energy Specialist to reduce energy consumption and adherence to energy saving protocols in the PAC.
4. Record and compile financial data for PAC and report the monthly financial statement to the OSP Business Director.
5. Oversee and ensure the proper storage and care of PAC equipment and technology.
6. Coordinate the scheduling and use of the PAC with the ZCHS Student Activities Administrator and ensure this information is maintained in DynaCal.
7. Work directly with high school performing arts staff members to coordinate class-time usage of the space.
8. Provide and coordinate PAC staff members to assist with equipment setup (chairs, risers, etc.) for rehearsals and practices.
9. Arrange and coordinate PAC custodian setup for all events held in the PAC.
10. Communicate with the appropriate personnel or initiate work order process when situations require maintenance and/or custodial assistance for setup. Make sure PAC technical equipment is working properly.
11. Approve and implement training and development protocol for all PAC crew members.
12. Develop and enforce PAC safety protocols.
13. Ticket for all ZCS Performing Arts Department events and rental events that require ticketing services. This includes the management of ticketing software, online ticket sales, on site ticket sales, marketing of event tickets, as well as the final distribution of ticket proceeds.
14. Supervise the Theater and Technical Specialist and PAC crew.
15. Develop partnerships with area businesses for sponsorships, trading of services, etc. with the goal of increasing the visibility and vitality of ZPAC.
16. Ensure payment of PAC Event Managers by reviewing and approving timesheets and delivering them to the ESC business office for processing.
17. Accountable for tracking all hours worked and timely submission of time sheets of PAC staff.
18. All other duties as assigned by the Director of the Office of Special Projects, ZCHS administrators or the Superintendent.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Organized and efficient with process creation, implementation and communication. Ability to use a variety of computer programs to enter student data. Professionally and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and community members. Work independently while keeping your direct supervisor informed.
Education: Bachelor Degree in technical theater preferred but will consider 3-5 years of equivalent experience.
Experience: 1-5 years combined experience with performing arts venues and technical theater preferred.
In Zionsville Community Schools we respect all individuals and honor what their differences bring to our learning community. Our core mission demands that we equip our students to thrive in the diverse, globally-connected communities where they will learn, work, and live.