Middle School Educator, Musical Theatre Director, Other
Quincy Community Theatre seeks an Education/Student Theatre Director. Previous experience with education and directing is preferred. This position is a pivotal piece of our theatre's mission which is to offer and perpetuate quality theatre entertainment and education in the performing arts through community participation.
The primary responsibilities of the position fall into four categories - outreach, student productions, QCT classes, and program administration. Applicants, please send your resume to QCT Executive Director Sara Reuschel at email@example.com. Learn more about Quincy Community Theatre at www.1qct.org.
– Design/implement curriculum and lesson plans for outreach workshops. This includes up to seven unique lesson plans per grade level (K-12). Ideally, all lesson plans should be in alignment with the National Core Arts Standards and present cross-curricular material as much as possible.
– Serve as lead instructor for all outreach workshops; requires working with all grade levels and strong classroom management skills.
– Administrative duties include scheduling workshop dates/times, preparing quotes for workshop fees and discounts, communicating with school faculty and staff, relaying invoice needs to QCT Office Manager, tracking detailed workshop reports, researching/updating curriculum as needed.
– Lead and train staff and volunteers to conduct facility tours for groups and potential volunteers.
– In collaboration with the Artistic Director, select a season of shows of varied artistic/educational objectives that will provide unique opportunities to our students and volunteers.
– Direct all student theatre pieces, including two productions on the mainstage, one production in the lab, and a touring piece.
– Collaborate with the creative team (designers, technical director, stage manager, front-of-house, etc.) on all production needs. Oversee implementation of all production elements.
– Oversee casting of all student theatre productions.
– In collaboration with the Technical Director and Volunteer Coordinator, recruit/train/supervise crew and volunteers as needed.
– Create and implement the rehearsal schedules.
– For QCT On-the-Road: schedule tour route, facilitate communication between the venues and QCT, track needs for tour vehicle, generate study guide of educational content related to the show.
– Oversee all safety/emergency procedures related to a production or rehearsal, especially when students are involved.
– Schedule courses and select class titles. Class offerings fall in three sessions per year (spring, summer, and fall) and are available for students Pre-K through adult.
– Serve as lead instructor for many classes. This includes researching curriculum, writing lesson plans, and preparing all class materials.
– Hire/train/supervise guest instructors as needed.
– At the end of each class session, gather responses from written surveys given to parents and students. Analyze data to inform decisions about scheduling and class selection.
– Serve as acting instructor/showcase director for the Triple Threat Boot Camp. This involves selecting songs and scenes, locating all camp materials, hiring guest teachers and musicians, processing camp applications, communicating with the production staff regarding showcase needs, and other duties as needed.
– Recruit/train/supervise student volunteers to serve as teaching assistants.
– In collaboration with the Front of House staff (Office Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Office Assistant) oversee class registration and communicate with students/families about class expectations.
– Identify funding needs within education/student theatre programs.
– Researches grant opportunities that suit QCT’s needs.
– In collaboration with Executive Director, Artistic Director, and volunteers, write grant inquiries and reports.
– Track data necessary for grant materials (scholarship students, enrollment numbers, etc.).
– Track spending of grant funds.
– In collaboration with the Artistic Director & Marketing Coordinator, brainstorm/implement marketing and promotional strategies for all education/student theatre projects. (Includes but is not limited to brochures, posters, fliers, blog posts, social media updates, photos, instructional videos, etc.)
– In collaboration with the Executive Director, analyze all scholarship applications and recommend awards as needed.
– Write monthly reports to share all program updates with the Artistic Director & Executive Director.
– Identify community groups as potential collaborators for audience engagement projects Attend community events/career fairs/networking groups as needed.
– Establish/implement safety protocols for when students are in our building.
-The salary range for this position is $33,000-$37,000. QCT offers health insurance free to the employee, opportunities for life insurance, AFLAC, and a retirement program match.
The Head of Education/ Director of Student Theatre works with the Artistic Director toward insuring programming meets the artistic vision of the company. The position reports to the Executive Director.
About Quincy Community Theatre
Quincy Community Theatre has been incorporated in Illinois since 1936. We produce 9 productions a year with 5 Mainstage adult shows; 2 Student Theatre mainstage shows; 1 Student Theatre black box show; and a Student Theatre road show. We have a presence in all area elementary schools and we conduct classes at our facility. We have a 500 seat auditorium and a black box theatre that can be configured to hold 100 patrons. We have 8 paid staff including an artistic director, a tech director, a costume shop coordinator, and many many costumes.
BACK TO TOP
EdTA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else EdTA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at EdTA Career Center.