We are seeking a passionate individual with a strong knowledge of theatre and a love for working with kids. The job is based in Shanghai for >10 months (mid-August 2019 to end of June 2020 with an unpaid two-month summer break). An ideal candidate should have at least 3 years’ musical theatre teaching experience working with children ages 7-16, be energetic and flexible and have at least a bachelor academic background in performing arts. Classroom management skill is a must.
Teaching musical theatre programs to groups of children ages 7-16 for 10 to 15 sessions a week. Classes range from 1 to 3 hours each session. English is the teaching language.
Enthusiastic and passionate about working with young people. Ability to promote a feeling of security and trust in children by being warm, supportive, humorous and comforting.
Able to follow existing lesson plans and scripts, while also revising and adapting to different student abilities and classroom/production needs
Able to effectively plan and collaborate with local staff to develop, produce and direct multiple concurrent shows, including but not limited to music, dance, theater, directing, set and lighting design, and costume design.
Ability to work and communicate well in a multi-cultural team.
Perform additional duties as assigned by local Arts Director.
· BFA in Performing arts, Vocal Music, Musical Theatre, Dance, or drama.
· At least 3 years of professional or semi-professional musical theatre performing experience. The candidate should also be still active on stage.
· Experience working and participating in youth theater
· Directing and/or Musical Directing experience is a must.
· Some stage managing experience and stagecraft skills (prop and set design, construction, etc), while not required, are certainly appreciated
· Minimum 3 years of teaching experience to kids in at least two of the skills (musical theater vocals, musical theater dance, drama).
· Qualifications for Chinese Work Visa (no criminal record, Bachelor’s degree or greater, ability to provide references and proof of at least 2 years’ professional experience)
Additional Salary Information: The company provides Chinese work visa, competitive salary plus project-based bonus. It also covers accommodation, basic insurance, work lunches and international flights. Sunrise also offers staff opportunities for out-of-town workshops, video projects, and additional projects, for additional payment above salary.
About Sunrise Art Group
About Sunrise Art Group
With two offices in Shanghai and New York, Sunrise Art Group specializes in designing and providing quality international performing arts programs for Chinese students from a young age. We are committed to developing and inspiring every student to maximize their potential and enjoy art to the full while they learn. Our vision is to empower children to become strong and confident individuals through our original art program.
BACK TO TOP
EdTA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else EdTA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at EdTA Career Center.